This post shall be slightly different…
A little more personal, if you will. A way for you all to “get to know me” a little bit better. This post is basically going to be exactly what the title refers to: Random Truths. Within this post you’ll find various Random Truths about me. Things I like, things I’m afraid of, quirks, etc… My Random Truths stem from a game of 20 questions I played with a friend of mine. It actually turned into a game of about 100 questions, but that’s because we had so much fun with it. We learned a lot more about each other; which was great!.
So here goes!
1. Blue is my favorite color; any shade of blue, with exception to bright royal blue.. I detest that shade.
2. I associate colors with feelings; for example, purple to me, represents pain. Usually severe pain.
3. I like books. I’m reading all the time;
4. Grey’s Anatomy is my absolute favorite television drama.
5. I’m not very good at sports, although I make the effort to play.
6. The thumb on my left hand is shorter than the one on my right hand; I got it caught in a steel door when I was 2.
7. My all-time favorite song is “One Headlight” by The Wallflowers.
8. I played the flute for 4 years in High School.
9. My first car was a 91 Honda Civic… I beat the crap out of that thing!!
10. Aside from making jewelry, my favorite job was as a “Signal Rotation Technician” (LOL I was a Flag Girl for a construction company)
11. I have more male friends than I do female friends; I get along better with men (less drama).
12. I’ve had the same two best friends since 10th grade in high school.
13. My third best friend I met last year; she’s much like me.
14. I swear worse than a drunken sailor. (although I’m doing my best to keep this in check)
15. I procrastinate. *shocking!* (Procrasinate now, panic later)
16. I drink milk right from the jug… my ex-boyfriend had an issue with it, so I’d do it and not tell him. (LOL Yes, I’m mean!!)
17. My very first pet that I bought myself was a fish, named Pacey (yes after Dawson’s Creek) I cried when he froze to death in my room. (The power went out during a winter storm….)
18. I take everything personally; and I know that I shouldn’t, especially when it comes to my work.
19. I think dating is overrated; it’s like the natural selection process and I don’t have the patience for it. Besides, once you’ve been on a few dates, they all seem to be the same… unless the guys’ wife shows up… he informed you he was single… interesting… & awkward…
20. I’m an Aquarius; and my personality is a direct relfection of every Aquarian Trait out there… it’s scary.
21. I like tattoos. I have one currently. I have #’s 2, 3, 4, 5 & 6 planned out already; just waiting for the funds.
22. I LOVE the Latin Language; it’s sexy. I’d love to learn to speak it.
23. I have never traveled outside of Canada. The farthest I’ve been was a trip to Hull, QC for my 18th birthday… (the legal age there!!)
24. I’d love to travel across Canada; I’d even like to go and visit each of the Territories.
25. I have an obsession with History, Law & Politics (and how they all go hand-in-hand) – Thanks to a certain person (you know who you are) for re-igniting that spark. I missed it greatly.
26. I love playing pool (or billiards if you prefer)
27. I firmly believe that money is the root of all evil; BUT it makes the world go ’round… unfortunately.
28. I’m grateful for my marriage falling apart. (crazy, huh?) It’s given me the chance to fully be me; to find out who I am and what it is I want from life. I can now see that he wasn’t my person, but that I had to go through all of that to get to where I am.
29. I love being a mom. ‘Nuff said.
30. I like music. Loud music. I don’t care what it is, but it has to be Loud!
31. I LOVE driving; Random road tours are awesome. And a great way to clear your mind.
32. I love the beach. I love everything about the beach.
33. I find inspiration (for my work) in the strangest places; I’ve even found inspiration @ the grocery store.
34. I have come to appreciate the English Language, grammar and the dictionary.
35. My group of friends is very diverse; and I’m friends with each of these people for very different reasons. None of my friends are alike; That’s my favorite part about them. Also, I get to really be “me” with each of them, because they remind me of my favorite parts of myself.
36. My eyes change color; They transition from a Bright Blue (and other shades of blue) to a Deep, Sultry Green, and most days will have a bright golden (yellow) ring around the pupil. One of my favorite people explained to me that it must have something to do with intelligence; I prefer that explanation over the one I had; (depends on my mood or the lighting… although I’m sure both explanations are equally accurate).
37. I like being single. No, wait, check that. I LOVE being single! Although I miss “date night” and snuggling on the couch and watching a movie. Although, date nights with just me are fantastic… Words from my awesome friend, “If you won’t date you, why would anyone else?” He’s so right!
38. I have to keep reminding myself that things will work out the way that they’re supposed to; when they’re supposed to.
39. I’m a very impatient person.
40. I’m constantly amazed by my creative ability. Especially when I try and make something “new” – Chainmaille is usually the source of this amazement.
41. I usually make two of one piece of jewelry (if I have enough materials) One to sell and one to keep for myself (My work is awesome.. at least I’d like to think so!!)
42. I have learned to live a life with no regrets… and besides, the wrong choices always make for the best stories.
43. I’m addicted to Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Etsy and Artfire. Oh and eBay.
44. I love quotes.
45. Pizza is the BEST thing ever!!
46. So is Poutine… YUM!
47. Things are nice to have, but I’d prefer to have friends, family and memories.
48. I ramble… I’m sure you’ve noticed… it’s way worse in person.
49. I firmly believe that Creative (mess) Disaster is so much better than Idle Neatness. Therefore, my Bead Table is NEVER empty. There’s always something resembling a project on it.
50. Kissing in the rain is the absolute, hands down, best thing. Ever. It’s even better, when the person you’re kissing in the rain, knows how to kiss.
Okay! Wow! That’s a long post! *hands up* oops! But there’s 50 Random Truths about me. I totally rambled, and if you made it here, Congrats to you! Thanks for reading! I’ll probably post some more as we go along, but I think 50 is a good number to stop at.
I’m already working on my next post (has nothing to do with anything about me! LOL) It’s some common, and some Not-s0-common beading terms. I’m going to be starting a series on Tuesdays’ that will be based on Beading Tips, Techniques and Other Awesome (Possibily Useless) Info 🙂
Thanks for hanging out! And don’t be too shy, comment away!